What’s The Secret To Ensuring That Your Child Loves Violin Lessons?
Have you always planned for your child to learn the violin? Not only because it is great for boosting brain power, but also for their self-confidence and lifelong enjoyment?
On the other hand, do you fear that your child may not like the discipline of violin lessons and practice, and may lose interest after a few lessons?
Do you wish your child could be the one who just loves violin lessons instead of the one who dreads them and needs to be nagged to practice?
Young children often become fascinated with learning to play the violin, and if so, they should be encouraged.
Why Some Kids Excel At Violin While Others Hate It
A key factor is whether the child loves or hates their violin teacher. An experienced violin teacher understands what motivates your child, and can cultivate their interest and passion for the violin. This is critical for success!
Most violin teachers mention that it is much tougher to correct bad habits than to teach new techniques.
That is why it is SO IMPORTANT to hire a good violin teacher who can motivate your child to enjoy violin lessons and practice enough to become good at it.
Five Traits of A Great Violin Teacher for Kids
- Makes lessons fun yet challenging for your child using different techniques.
- Understands your child’s learning style and abilities and uses the right methods to cultivate their interest.
- Loves kids and is passionate about helping them learn.
- Helps your child aim to do his/her best and reward his/her achievements.
- Gives constructive feedback to guide and encourage your child to do his/her best.
Benefits of Playing the Violin for Children
- Improved memory and attention span
- Better overall mental function such as improved reading skills, language processing, speech, and a variety of brain functions
- Enhanced ability to integrate sensory information from hearing, touch, and sight
- Social skills linked to building self-reliance, self-esteem, and self-awareness – qualities which make them well-liked and well-adjusted.